Once your domain has been created in Plesk you will need to configure the DNS settings for your custom nameservers to work.
- Login to your Parallels Plesk Panel.
3. Click on the Open in Control Panel link for the relevant domain name.
4. Click on the Website & Domains tab.
5. Click on the DNS Settings icon.
6. Click on the record ns.yourdomain.co.uk.
7. In the IP address field type the IP address that you will be using with your first nameserver. This may be an existing IP address or an additional one that you have purchased. Click on the OK button to continue.
8. If you have changed the IP address click on the Update button to complete the process. If you have not made a change go to step 9.
9. Click on the Add record icon.
10. Select NS from the record type drop down, leave the Domain name field blank and type ns2.yourdomain.co.uk in the Name server field.
11. Click on the Add record icon again.
12. Select A from the record type drop down, enter ns2 in the domain name field and enter the IP address for your secondary nameserver in the IP addressfield.
Please note: It is recommended that you have 2 different IP addresses for your nameservers in order to have a fail over.
You will now need to change the nameservers for your domain name to your custom nameservers, these will need to be registered along with the IP addresses so that your registrar knows you are using custom nameservers.
Important: Please allow 24-48 hours for your DNS change to fully propagate across the internet.